Friday, January 6, 2012

Best of 2011



Dissertation defense
Mitch's 90th birthday party on the beach
Spontaneous Chinese dinner with 15 friends after our going away party
Macklemore at KUOW
Dinner at Beast in Portland with Liz
Double rainbow at Mammoth hot springs
Passover Dinner
Sinking Daniel's boat with the PRS ladies
Our families at the SLEE dinner
Square dancing at Dominic and Elisa's wedding
Austin with Amanda
Yelapa with DiAnn
Discovering a kindred feminist in Keith G.
Drinking Kava on Christmas day with Alisi's family in Fiji
8 bears in Enchanted valley
Talking about books with Deepa and Chicu
Following 'The Binder' at Sharon's wedding
Floating down the Yakima River
Talking to women in Mauna village with Erin, Rachel, Alice, Neetu and Hema
Dinner at Le Gourmand with Amanda
Multiple sightings of the American Dipper
Goldmeyer hot springs
Snorkeling in Fiji
Dancing at Chop Suey (Talcum and Lick)
Students singing Cee-lo for Kacy's birthday



2 comments:

  1. thanks for the best of 2011 (thanks again for SLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and that video of your students was A.MAY.ZINGZINGZING. loving all of your photos too, makes it seem like you're not so far away. And your post about the conflicts of going to Vietnam made me misssssssssssssssssss you. A friend's partner just got cancer and he is an agent orange casualty of Vietnam, so not only do they have to figure out healthcare, then have to figure out how to take advantage of the lawsuit. fuck monsanto. i love you, miss you both dearly. xoxoxoxo hred p.s. to post a comment i have to pick a freking profile..???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the booty pic that Jonathan tagged us in, the AMAZING postcard that I finally fished out of my mailbox this morning w/ the closing line "my sweat smells like spices" and reading the "Best of 2011" list on your blog just now when I sat down at my desk, I'm officially sitting here with tears of joy streaming down my face at work. LOL! I love you ladies SO much and I cannot imagine my life without you in it!!!!! I have a million things that I want to share with you and will write more this evening. Beijo cheio de saudades e amor!

    ReplyDelete